Thursday, June 24, 2021

Thought For The Day

This Week In Who Gives A Fuck

June 24, 2021

From the CNN website:


It’s A Turd, It’s A Pain…It’s Superyacht

Hidden costs? This is very, very far down on my list of reasons for not owning a superyacht. Or it would be if I had ever given even the slightest thought to making a fucking list of reasons to not own a fucking superyacht. Like 99% of Americans, the obvious costs were sufficient to turn me off to even owning a crappy yacht. I didn’t even know that ‘superyacht’ was not two words. Why the fuck not? Actually, I had never heard of a superyacht. I guess I’ve been running with the wrong crowd.

I admit that I did not read a single word of this patently ridiculous article. Would you? Would anyone you know? How many people do you imagine did read this, and how much do you want to bet that they pay less in taxes than you do, even though you could never even imagine owning one or more superyachts even if you and everyone you know chipped in?

Maybe you heard about Jeff Bezos having a $1.2 billion yacht built, with a smaller yacht that will shadow the main yacht to accommodate his helicopter. Maybe you also heard that Bezos paid no federal taxes. Maybe this is why nearly 100,000 people have signed a petition demanding Bezos not bother returning to Earth once he makes it into space. Put me down as a yes.

Thanks, CNN.

This has been your Paying Attention Thought For The Day.

Sail on sailor.

What is your thought for the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment