Saturday, October 10, 2026

PLEASE DON’T LOOK AWAY

Demented Don Doing Disastrous Damage Daily

October 10, 2026

I’ll bet that when you drive past a traffic accident you look to see what happened, especially if you’re in the passenger seat, but probably even if you’re driving. Donald Trump has driven a metaphorical semi filled with explosives (think Timothy McVeigh – the very white Oklahoma City bomber that killed 168 innocent people including women and children) straight into the heart of our democracy, not to mention our economy, social fabric and standing in the world, which are all currently in flames on the side of the road, so

PLEASE DON’T LOOK AWAY

I know this is all incredibly painful to attend to. So much. So often. So sickening.

              PLEASE DON’T LOOK AWAY

I know you can’t take the constant insanity, now with more executions. I know you need to think about something else. Cat videos. Kenny G. Rent-A-Coma. Take some you-time for sure. Do nice things for yourself and others. Think some happy thoughts, but

                            PLEASE DON’T LOOK AWAY

You owe it to yourself, we owe it to each other to not look away. Especially not now as Trump is pulling out all the stops in order to disrupt the midterm elections, elections which could very well throw a monkey wrench in the gears of destruction currently grinding our democracy to a halt. Election Day is less than one month away.

If you have been avoiding watching the horror, I get it. Self-preservation is important. But now it is time to venture back out into the darkness and help bring the light back. Everything is literally at stake. Our freedom, our health, the long-standing international order (yes, it could be worse), our planet. It is literally now or never.

                                           PLEASE DON’T LOOK AWAY

Or else, this

We must bear witness to the unbearable. And then beat it to a pulp.

Mario Savio 1964

I. Mangrey reporting. And paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment