Wednesday, July 3, 2024

A Pause In The Disaster

Martin Mull August 18, 1943 – June 27, 2024

July 3, 2024

“Hold Donald Trump to the same standard. I was disturbed by President Biden, on two or three occasions during the debate, couldn’t finish a sentence. But I was more disturbed by how Donald Trump DID finish a sentence.”
                  
Rev. Al Sharpton, July 2, 2024

With so much disaster busting out all over, though this is more sad news, it comes with no small amount joy attached to it. One of our favorite performers here at Paying Attention finally succumbed to a long illness last week. Before he became an actor, Martin Mull put out eight albums (giant CDs for you kids out there) of pithy, humorous songs between 1974 and 1978. Some great stuff, a sampling of which is featured below. If you know his work, or if you’ve never heard his music, please give a listen and have a laugh or two on us.


Dueling Tubas (my first exposure to Martin)


I Found It


Life Is Better Than Death


Bombed Anyway


Bun And Run


A Time of My Life
from the Doug Kenney funeral scene in A Futile and Stupid Gesture

I. Mangrey remembering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment