Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Resignation Day Redux

Pardon Me

Nixonland
August 9, 2013
Pardon me for not forgetting. Pardon me for not letting it go after all these years. Pardon me for dragging you into my obsession. I just can’t seem to quit the man who tarnished America, no easy feat, and then quit rather than face the music. I don’t care if he’s dead, I still want to impeach Nixon. It’s never too late for justice to be done. I know it will never happen in this case, but that doesn’t make it right.

Screw Richard Nixon and all he brought upon our nation. Screw the weepy, drunk asshole who sat in our White House at 9:00 on August 8, 1974 and announced he was resigning the presidency he so callously defiled to exact the revenge he nurtured since childhood on all those who found him unfit for even acquaintance. Screw the murderous bastard who hated blacks and Jews and then became a felon. Although, to give him his due, he was only agreeing with his Jew, Henry Kissinger who said, And if they put Jews into gas chambers in the Soviet Union, it is not an American concern. Maybe a humanitarian concern.” “I know,” responded Nixon, “We can't blow up the world because of it.” On the original Resignation Day Eve, an out-of-control, drunk, Nixon slurred to Kissinger, “Henry, please don’t ever tell anyone that I cried and that I was not strong.”
On that festive fateful night in 1974, the seemingly sober soon-to-be ex-president sat before a camera and told us, “In all the decisions I have made in my public life, I have always tried to do what was best for the nation.” Yeah, for the good of the nation he quit, with his hand-picked pardoner waiting in the wings. Thanks Dick(head). “But the interests of the nation must always come before personal considerations.” Like getting impeached perhaps?
The idiot who wiretapped himself, leaving a slime trail even the press could follow, finally left in a shame he appeared not to recognize, giving his now iconic double victory salute as his exile from Washington, DC began. Remember, it took George W. Bush to make this guy not-the-worst-president-in-history.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed. Period. And that’s the way it is. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.
I. Mangrey reporting.
Thanks for listening. Responsible comeuppances invited.

1 comment: