Monday, September 18, 2023

Thought For The New Year

Shana Tova 5784

September 18, 2023

What A Putz

This is a sacred time for Jews the world over. Rosh Hashana - New Year, and Yom Kippur - Day of Atonement, just over a week apart. A time to take stock. To make amends. To atone. A time to let go of the past and eschew ill will. Unfortunately, this gets complicated when the past won't go away. When those who have wronged not only us personally, but worsened the entire world, continue their hurtful ways day after day after day after day. Bruising people's souls, causing death and destruction, and claiming – while looking to the heavens (I’m surprised he knew where to look) – “I am the chosen one.”

The following image just came across my desk while I was minding my own business, trying to be a kind, understanding and good person.


This, from a man who referred to Nazis as "very fine people"

Unlike the targets of Trump’s holiday greeting/rebuke, Trump will never learn from a mistake because, and he has made this very clear over and over and over again, he has never made a mistake, or done anything that might require him to have a regret.

I can't wait to see what he has to say to all the Christians who voted for Biden come Christmas and Easter. 

I'd better just leave it there for now. I have to go wash my mind out with soap.


I. Mangrey repenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment