Thursday, June 1, 2023

Fun Fact For The Day

It’s About Damn Time

June 1, 2023

Orcas To Humans: Get Off My Lawn

Orcas – aka Killer Whales – have taken up a new hobby. 

Orcas are extremely intelligent. They adapt, learn and teach their children. They exhibit many of the same emotions as humans; they have joy, fear, malevolence, and they have complex social structures. Also, they are apex predators.

Groups of Orcas have taken to sinking sailing ships. They have attacked more than 250 yachts in the strait of Gibraltar since 2020. Why, you might ask. I say who cares. Scientists posit that this might be revenge for the injuring of an Orca matriarch, who along with her offspring, decided enough is enough.


Orcas doing a happy dance after sinking another boat

When I heard this news, I thought it was one of the greatest things I’d ever heard – innocent creatures finally turning the tables. Someone else expressed concern over the loss of innocent human life – what if some of the people being killed are good people? I said, “Look, non-human animals need to step up and protect themselves from us hairless apes. They don’t have time to interview people to sort out the angels from the shitheads. Most humans certainly don’t waste any time wondering about driving so many species to extinction.”

At this point, I’m rooting for the non-humans. What can I say? I’m an animal.

Just thought you might like to know.

This has been your Paying Attention™ Fun Fact For The Day. 

1 comment:

  1. Just wait'll they start walking and join up with the A.I. uh...people.

    ReplyDelete