Thursday, February 6, 2020

Day Late, Donald Short

The Torture Never Stops

February 6, 2020
I needed an extra day to digest and excrete that which took place on Tuesday evening in the House Chamber.  Any time Donald Chrump appears on the small screen, though the very thought of him is physically and psychically debilitating, I still feel compelled to see what transgression against humanity he is perpetrating.  I probably should stop, but paying attention is my middle name. 
At this point, given the unrelenting and historically painful nature of our current situation and the fact that at this point I have considerably less than one life to give to my country, it has become necessary to bring in another witness and pair of hands to help carry the load going forward, if that is in fact where we are going.  Hopefully, our teamwork will be seamless, so please welcome Paying Attention’s newest team member – D. Prezzt. 
The Prez Delusion Should Not Be Televised
I could not bring myself to watch Chrump's fake State of Disunion address.  I am still recovering from the very thought of it.  Chrump's voice makes fingernails on a chalkboard sound like Mozart.  His face makes Quasimodo look like George Clooney; when I see it, I cannot stop trying to adjust the color on my TV and there is pain in my eyes.  His words - they are not, as it turns out, the best words - make Adloph Hitler sound like Mahatma Gandhi.  And he has the temperament of a two-year-old.  Other than that, he absolutely unbearable.
I viewed some of the aftermath of Chrump’s half reality TV, half campaign rally, half WWF Smackdown, half Mussolini-on-the-balcony tantrum.  I saw Democrats finally stand up for themselves (and us) and not let the impeached, unmitigated-disaster-in-chief get away with even more figurative murder and incalculable lies.  I saw Chrump bestow the highest civilian honor – the Presidential Medal of Freedom – on the mass of hate and human filth that is Rush Limbaugh.  Is there nothing about America that Donald Chrump will not degrade beyond recognition?  Lastly, I saw Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi tear up her copy of the speechifying vomit that passed for a State of The Union address, later explaining, “He shredded the truth, so I shredded his speech.”
She’s in the mood to tear it up
One of the things I saw after the fact was the shameful display of the thin-skinned, petulant Chrump refusing to shake Nancy Pelosi’s hand.  
Spiting the hand that impedes him
Decorum and protocol are suspended if not permanently damaged.  Truth has been suspended, reality itself has been suspended.  Republicant’s have now all but unanimously voted not to convict a man who most of them admit, and all of them know, is completely and unashamedly guilty of the unlawful, abusive behavior for which he was impeached.  This is no time to play fair or nice.  This is no time to attempt to reconcile, to find consensus or reach across the aisle.  As mentioned recently in this space, it is time for Democrats to take a page out of the book of that brilliant political strategist and renowned Marx-man Rufus T. Firefly of Freedonia. 
Master statesman – Rufus T. Firefly
I. Mangrey and D. Prezzt reporting.

Special Bonus Must-See Video
BREAKING: Midnight In Washington - Impeachment Zero Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment