Sunday, October 8, 2023

Paying Attention™ Request Line

 
Ariel Baddass on the air and taking your requests

October 8, 2023

Our newly hired DJ Ariel Baddass convinced management to add a request/dedication line for folks to hear what they want, when they want it, and send it on out there to someone special.

Hey boys and girls, cats and kitties, all the ships and clippers at sea. This is Ariel B back on the air at last. Been on kind of a forced hiatus. Got asked to leave my last gig after my tribute to the great Joey Reynolds. As Joey did on his last day at WIBG in Philly back in the early ‘70s, I locked myself in the booth and played John Lennon’s Give Peace a Chance for an hour or so, until they brought in a locksmith and a very large gentleman to help me to my car. Thanks to the good folks at Paying Attention for hookin’ me up to once again play the platters, spin the saucers, dish out the discs and respect the stacks of wax here at PA Central. I hope to make you proud playin’ the hits, the misses, and anything else you wanna hear.

I. Mangrey looking over the playlist

DJ: Let’s hit the ground spinning and take our first call. And who do we have on the line?

Caller: Hi, I’m Ed long time managing editor, first time caller.

DJ: Hi Ed. What’s your request and who are you dedicating it to? We’re here to make it happen.

Caller: Thanks Ariel. I wanna hear the late, great Fats Waller’s (I'll Be Glad When You're Dead) You Rascal, You. And I’d like this to go out to someone so deserving it ain’t even funny. The song is even older than he is, but not by much. Please send this out to Big, Dumb Donny T. May he rest in peace, or at least STFU.

Fats Waller - (I'll Be Glad When You're Dead) You Rascal, You (1929)

Send us your requests and dedications and we’ll get ‘em on the air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment