Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Fraught For The Day

 

Are You Hearing The Hearing That I’m Hearing?

July 27, 2021

I watched some of the first day of the 1/6 Commission’s hearing on the deadly insurrection instigated by Donald Turmp. Four heroic officers testified. More than one officer was clear that Donald Turmp needed to testify about his undeniable role in the violent coup attempt. USCP Officer Harry Dunn testified, “If a hit man is hired and kills somebody, the hit man goes to jail. But not only does the hit man go to jail, but the person who hires them does. There was an attack carried out on January 6th, and a hitman sent them. I want you to get to the bottom of that. Thank you.”

Liz Cheney asked Capitol Police officer Sgt. Aquilino Gonell, who was badly injured during Turmp's insurrection, how he felt hearing Turmp say “It was a loving crowd. There was a lot of love in the crowd.” Gonell responded, “It was upsetting. It is a pathetic excuse for his behavior for something that he himself helped to create — this monstrosity. I'm still recovering from those hugs and kisses that day.”

I find it comforting that, if only for this brief, hopefully unique moment in time, there are two Republicans who can tell the difference between defending and defiling the Constitution. I find it discomforting that there are very clearly only two.

And I will never forgive myself or anyone else for making me, however briefly, not despise Dick Cheney, Jr.

This has been your Paying Attention Thought For The Day.

You're welcome.

What is your thought for the day?


No comments:

Post a Comment