Saturday, April 13, 2019

Further Adventures in Sociopathy

Death By a Thousand (Budget) Cuts

April 13, 2019
After sending his soulless Education Secretary Ditsy DeVos to testify before Congress, Boss Chrump had to backtrack on yet another sociopathic move.  DeVos had to answer for a draconian slashing of the federal budget for Special Olympics.  Something for which there is no answer.  The uneducated, heartless Secretary, clearly bent on providing Republican’ts a lifetime supply of poorly educated voters, smiled and slimed her way through the House Appropriations subcommittee questioning to the horror of most of America.  The backlash was quick and effective, causing her very special boss to pretend he knew nothing about it, as he threw his loyal, if loony hatchet-lady into the deep end, outfitted with lead boots and a cement overcoat.  Hey, a guy can dream, can’t he?
Chrump takes a brief break from stupid tweeting to say something stupid out loud
The Orange Gas Cloud fumed, “I had no idea that I was slashing the budget for Special Olympics.  Someone must have had me sign it while I was busy golfing or watching the very important Fux and Friends.  Then I realized, hey I’m special, so maybe I shouldn’t take money away from special.  Or maybe Ditsy did this all on her own and never told me she was doing it.  Who can tell?  I’m pretty sure whatever it is, it’s not my job.”
The Chrump administration also wants to slash federal funding for literacy programs because Republican’ts believe the only things the federal government is good for are funding the military and cutting taxes for the richest fraction of a percent of Americans.  The most ignorant, incurious, uninformed presidents in American history explained, “I don’t know what the fuss is all about.  Reading is for losers anyway.  I never read a book in my life and I got elected president by the biggest landslide I’ve ever heard of.  I also had the biggest crowd ever watching me get sworn at…I mean in.  I proved that winning is better than reading.  So much winning.  So little reading.  I still don’t read anything, except my own tweets, which are very brilliant.  I am so proud of me for doing so much America great making.  I hear George Washington read stuff and wasn’t so smart.”  And the following is a reported actual quote during Chrump’s visit to Washington’s historic home at Mt. Vernon, “If he was smart, he would’ve put his name on it.  You’ve got to put your name on stuff or no one remembers you.”  If only our first president had found a way to be remembered.  If only our 45th president can some day be forgotten.
One More Horrible Thing
On the heels of very strong and powerful denials by his administration that any serious thoughtwas given to shipping asylum seekers to so-called sanctuary cities, Chrump threw yet another bunch of just-following-orders underlings under the bus.  Several White House officials admitted that the idea of sending immigrants to cities that swore to protect anyone living within their borders from the Reckless-Racist-in-chief’s dream of internment camps or mass shootings of those looking to enter America for a better life, was brought up, but quickly discarded.  No sooner had the lies left their lips, did Chrump tweet:

Der Furor backed up his disgraceful tweet with a doubling down in front of cameras, “We will bring the illegals...to sanctuary city areas and let that particular area take care of it, whether it is a state or whatever it might be.  California is certainly always saying they want more people, and if they want more people in their sanctuary cities, we will give them more people.  We can give them an unlimited supply. And let's see if they are so happy.  They say they have open arms.  They always say they have open arms. Let's see if they have open arms.”
To be fair, Chrump does not see these refugees as people.  To Chrump they are vermin, animals, unwanted product (something the Chrump brand is exceedingly familiar with) to be foisted off in an act of revenge against anyone who dares defy his edicts.
This of course, is on the heels of Chrump telling Homeland Security officials to violate immigration law by shutting down the border, while promising that he would pardon them if they went to jail.
I. Mangrey reporting.  Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment