Friday, January 10, 2020

A Funny Thing Happened on The Way to The Bathroom

Hopefully, Laughter is Still The Best Medicine

January 10, 2020
First let me offer my deepest sympathy to all those who lost loved ones in what appears to be the accidental downing of a recent commercial flight from Iran to Ukraine.
I swear I've never conflated these two things in my life, and I can't imagine why this would be happening at this particular moment, but every time - and it's pretty constant - they talk about the downed plane over Iran, the first thing my brain hears is, "Also 63 comedians were among the dead."  I feel terrible.  Fortunately, I can't laugh about it really, because I also feel terrible about having pneumonia.  But, at least I'm not a dead comedian...I mean Canadian. 
Yes, it looks like I’ve got the fuckin’ pneumonia* and the Chrumpy whumpy flu.  We’ve been together now for about a week, but I really don’t think this is going to work out.  These sadistic little micro-organisms – cowards that they are – just keep hopping around from place to place and a few of them decided one of my lungs would be a cozy place to settle in. 
Lab results were very disturbing, to say the least.
By the way, is Chrump out of the White House yet, or should I just let this pneumonia thing have its way with me?
I. Mangrey waiting to be recuperating.

*This is for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment