Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Thought For The Day

Requiem For the Camel’s Back

August 14, 2019
There is no limit to Donald Chrump’s hatred of nature (and people of color, and women, and democracy, and laws, and truth and reality, and anyone who ever disagrees with him).  Chrump’s re-election campaign (or his personal bank accout – it is impossible to tell them apart) is selling plastic straws (I am not fucking kidding) because “Liberal paper straws don't work” and because Conservative plastic brains don't work.  I do not know exactly how many of these overpriced ($1.50 per straw before shipping and taxes), under-thought, ego-encrusted hate-straws have been sold, but I do know it is too many.  And, how do they have the cajones to use a person of color, a child no less?  I guess it was easy and cheaper since they already have so many caged up in their torture camps.
This is real.  A large portion of this country is sociopathic.
If you have not seen the video of the sea turtle with the plastic straw painfully shoved deep into its nostril, you are lucky.  This video provided a major boost to the movement to eliminate single-use plastics, the poster child of which is the plastic straw.  I will not post the image here, but if you are fond of using plastic straws, you need to see it.  Legally, I have to say that I hope Donald Chrump never gets a plastic straw, especially one with his name laser engraved on it, shoved so far up his orange marshmallow-y nose, that the unseen end lodges itself in the festering remnants of his very, very small uh-brain.  Or, I suppose I could just say nothing.  I will let you know what I decide at the appropriate time. 
This has been your Paying Attention Thought For The Day.
You're welcome.
What is your thought for the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment