Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The President and The Peabrain

I’ve a Feeling We’re Not in Kansas Anymore

Somewhere under the ground under the rainbow
April 24, 2017
Thirty-five psychiatrists met at Yale’s School of Medicine last Thursday to talk about Donald Trump’s mental health, which they warned was frighteningly unstable. I’m not sure how they could determine such a thing. Maybe they heard or saw him on the television machine for more than five seconds. According to one of the doctors, “We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness.” Another explained, “I’ve worked with murderers and rapists, I can recognize dangerousness from a mile away. You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.” It is not every day that you hear a trained mental health professional discuss the mental capacities of a sitting president in relation to the behaviors of murderers and rapists, especially a president who burnished his reputation by calling Mexicans murderers and rapists, but in this case it is a welcome change of pace.
It is not known if the psychiatrists were aware of the fact that Chrump had Angela Merkel explain to him eleven (11) times that Germany could not engage in unilateral trade deals with the US. The German chancellor. After the meeting Merkel reportedly told her cabinet that Trump had "very basic misunderstandings" on the "fundamentals" of both the EU and how trade works overseas altogether.” Although the entire world saw Chrump’s deer-in-the-headlights expression and the strained look on Merkel’s face during most of her time with El Presidon’te, Chrump now says, “Yeah, it's funny: One of the best chemistries I had was with Merkel.” Apparently they are on a last name basis.
Two peas in a pickle.
Is It Really 100 Days? It Seems Like Only Decades.
Now we have the good fortune to find ourselves at the 100-day mark in the Chrump alt-presidency. I say good fortune only in that psycho-boy has not yet engaged anyone in a thermonuclear war, and in that he has accomplished so little of his take-no-prisoners-kill-anything-that-moves agenda. Unlike the vast majority of Americans, The Orange Gas Cloud is very impressed with the job he has done thus far. He learned that providing health care is complicated – which everyone else on the planet has known for ever, that North Korea was part of China – it never was, that nuclear weapons are dangerous and should not be used to clear land to build golf courses and that he should leave everything requiring even a modicum of thought or knowledge up to his barely-post-pubescent son-in-law – who, though only slightly less clueless and incompetent, is now for all intents and purposes, our president. Chrump himself is occupied with more important matters: changing his tune on every single issue he ran on, scaring the crap out of the entire world, and making everyone think he is doing something presidential.
“I have reached the very important, very meaningless (unintelligible) hundred-day milestone faster than any other president in history. It took Roosevelt almost two years to get his hundred days (unintelligible), probably because he was in a wheel chair. I like presidents that weren’t in wheel chairs. I am much faster and (unintelligible). I am getting so much (unintelligible) done, and not just all the golfing – I have never golfed so much in my life – it is making my (unintelligible) head spin. It’s either that or the Propecia poisoning. I know many of you are already very, very tired of all the (unintelligible) winning, so I am planning do dial it down a little out of my great respect for (unintelligible).”*

 
“Many people are obsessed with my first hundred days. No other president has been held to such a ridiculous standard. If you want to get technical, since I only do the president thing two, three days a week max, I’ve really only had about 25 days so far. And most of the stuff presidents do has been handed off to Jared, so in real reality I have only been at this for maybe ten days. Come back to me in a year or two after I have really, really been president for 100 days. Until then I want the dishonest media to back off and show some respect.”

*A recent interview with the Associated Press. The AP transcript features (besides the general rambling idiocy) 15 incidents where “(unintelligible)” replaces an actual word or words, which were apparently unintelligible to the interviewer and whoever transcribed the interview. To be fair, even when the words are recognizable, the meaning is (unintelligible).
The worst part of this is, I’m working much harder paying attention to this lunatic than he is at pretending to be president.
I. Mangrey reporting. I work hard for the (no) money.

No comments:

Post a Comment